Vertical Micropipette Puller
The model P-30 vertical micropipette puller is designed for the fabrication of basic micropipettes and patch-type pipettes. It will pull micropipettes with tip diameters as small as 0.3µm and moderate taper lengths (6 to 10 mm). By using an included patching attachment, the P-30 will pull the standard double pull patch-type pipette. Used with thin wall glass capillaries, it will generate pipettes or needles suitable for microinjection studies. The P-30 is ideal for student laboratories and other situations which call for an economical, reliable pipette pulling device.
The P-30 is available with either a platinum/iridium or a Nichrome filament. The Nichrome filament is suitable for many applications and is not prone to damage.The Platinum filament is more efficient at heating and cooling, and, although is more prone to damage than the Nichrome filament, the platinum filament is recommended for thick wall and aluminosilicate glass and applications requiring shorter taper lengths.
COMMON APPLICATIONS P-30
- C. elegans
- Drosophilia microinjection
- Pulls electrodes with tip diameters down to 0.3 µm, consistently and reliably.
- A micrometer allows precise reproducibility of trip point settings in producing fine microelectrodes.
- Full three digit digital controls for accurate setting of heat and pull values.
- Constant current power supplies for filament and pull solenoid.
- Enclosed front to reduce variability caused by drafts.
- Dual (manually) switched heat settings for patch pulling or two different types of micropipettes.
- All working parts are made from corrosion resistant material.
- Two heating assemblies available; platinum/iridium (recommended) or Nichrome coil.
- Built-in RFI filter and dual voltage/dual frequency operation.
- Rubber padded jaws to minimize breakage of capillary tubing.
- Designed to take up a minimum of bench space.
- Slope of the front panel aids in preventing glass from entering cabinet/solenoid mechanism.
18 in x 10 in x 9 in | 46 cm x 25 cm x 23 cm
35 lbs | 16 kg
115/230 volts | 50/60 Hertz power line
US PRICES > P-30
International prices vary by country. Please contact your local distributor or Sutter Instrument for a quotation. Prices subject to change without notice.
Each puller comes with a sample box of BF100-50-10 glass and a manual. The P-30/P also comes with a spare filament.
|P-30/P||Vertical micropipette puller with platinum/iridium filament||$4,723|
|P-30/N||Vertical micropipette puller with Nichrome filament||$4,723|
US PRICES > ACCESSORIES
|P-30-NFL/M1||Nichrome filament block assembly||$270|
|P-30-PFL/M1||Platinum/iridium filament block assembly||$270|
|PET||Pipette examining tile||$23|
|BX102||Pipette storage box - Holds 10 (4 3/4 x 3 5/8 x 3/4 inches)||$22|
|BX202||Pipette storage box - Holds 20 (7 x 3 5/8 x 3/4 inches)||$22|
US PRICES > FILAMENTS
|PF30T15||1.5 mm wide trough filament||$53|
|PF30T20||2.0 mm wide trough filament||$53|
|PF30T30||3.0 mm wide trough filament||$53|
|PF30N3||Nichrome filament – 3 turns (BEFORE SN# P30-680)||$53|
|PF30N-43||Nichrome filament – 4 turns (AFTER SN# P30-679)||$53|
1 Only necessary when changing filament configuration
2 Minimum order of any 2 boxes
3 P-30/N pullers with a serial number lower than P30-680 came with a P30N filament installed. You can now select either the P30N or P30N-4 filament.
With the P30N-4 you can:
- use lower heat settings
- pull longer tapers (2-3cm)
- use aluminosilicate glass